Investment & Immigration Programs in Portugal
In order to attract foreign direct investment and new global citizens (non-EU citizens), in October 2012 the Portuguese government issued new laws and regulations offering the Portuguese Residency and Citizenship (from the start of year 6) to investors.
Golden Visa allows the investor to enter and/or live in Portugal, and to travel freely within all 26 Schengen area countries.
Portuguese Golden Visa is considered “the most attractive European residency”. Legal requirements are clear and simple, and the minimum stay requirements (7 days per year on average) are ideal for business people.
- €500,000 Purchase of one or multiple properties
- €1 million Transfer of funds (deposit into a Portuguese bank account/ or stocks/bonds)
- Job creation with at least 10 jobs, no minimum investment value and no limitation on areas/activities. Compliance with Social Security obligations
- Acquisition of freehold properties above €500,000 or €400,000 in certain areas regulated by Government.
- Acquisition of freehold properties whose construction was completed at least 30 years ago and requires rehabilitation / renovation no less than €350,000 or €280,000 in certain areas regulated by Government.
- Acquisition of freehold properties located in an urban regeneration area and requires rehabilitation / renovation no less than €350,000 or €280,000 in certain areas regulated by Government.
- Entry into Portugal with a valid Schengen visa
- Investments must be maintained 5 years
- Investment funds should come from abroad
- Residency application only approved after investment
- Clean criminal record
- There must be no breaches or reference in the Portuguese Immigration system and the Schengen services
- Absence of conviction of crime both in Portugal and in home country
- The minimum stay is 7 days per year
- Do not need to live in Portugal
- Freedom to travel to all Schengen areas
- Whole family can live, study and work in Portugal
- Access to all Portuguese public services, including health and education
- Permanent Residency after 5 years and citizenship after 6 years
- Portuguese Passport can access to 160 countries without Visa required
- Dual citizenship
- Straightforward and flexible investment requirements